When you talk about Indian sweets, the classic melt-in-the-mouth Kesar peda always comes to mind. Those times when my cravings get the better of me, I am always on the lookout for quick & easy recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth. This recipe for Instant Kesar Peda tops the charts.
Prep time – 20 mins l Makes 10 pedhas
Ghee – 1 tsp
Milk powder – 3/4th cup
Condensed milk – 200 gms
Nutmeg powder – 1 pinch
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – 1 pinch
1. In a non-stick pan, add the ghee, milk powder and condensed milk.
2. Heat this mixture and keep stirring continuously.
3. Once it starts leaving the sides and starts forming a ball, take it off the flame.
4. Place it on a stove top and let it cool a little.
5. When the mixture is still warm, rub some ghee onto your palms and start making round balls, 1 cm in radius. Press it in the centre to create a pedha.
6. Garnish with pistachios, saffron or anything that may suit your palette and aesthetic sense.
1. It is important to continuously keep stirring this mixture while the flame is on, to avoid it from burning
2. The key to perfect texture is to take it off the flame at the right time. If you take it off too soon, the texture will be fudgy & chewy. If you keep it on for too long, you’ll end up with a powdery mess.
This recipe is definitely worth trying. Let me know how it turns out. 🙂